All you need is:
16 vanilla beans
1 1/2 cups of glycerin
1/2 cup of warm water
- Split the vanilla beans in halves.
- Scrape out the the vanilla seeds or caviar using the back of your knife.
- Put the the seeds in a glass jar.
- Chop the vanilla pods in small chunks using kitchen scissors and put it into the glass jar. This is to optimized the exposure of vanilla pods in extracting the flavor.
- Add in glycerin and warm water in the glass jar.
- Shake! Shake! Shake! vigorously, daily for the 1st week.
- 2nd week - 4th week, shake 2 - 3 times in a week.
- Store it in a dark cool place (cupboard).
- After 1 month, your vanilla extract should be golden dark amber color.
- And now you can start using your vanilla extract. Just strain it with a coffee strainer if you want to use the extract only or normal strainer if you want the beans to be in your recipe.
- Nothing beats the pure vanilla extract. You will notice the difference between using the vanilla flavor and the pure vanilla extract.
Want to buy Vanilla Beans? Look no further, just drop by at my shop. FREE DELIVERY WITHIN MALAYSIA!